Athani, Lefkatas Island Cyprus
The Orthodox monastery, located on the Ira (or Nira) peninsula, was built by seven families in 1637 on a large tract of land. The church today is from 1799. There is speculation that the church was created after 1087 when St Nicholas relics passed through as they were taken from Myra in Asia Minor to Bari, Italy. There are remnants of a threshing floor and bee hives outside the monastery.