Biserica Sf. Nicolae

Danuteni, Ungheni Moldova

Moldovan Orthodox

The church was built in 1882 and was consecrated in 1887. The church has nine towers and is the oldest church in Ungheni. Soviets closed it in 1961, though locals prevented its destruction. A few icons and the iconostas were saved and the church reopened in the 1990s. Parishioners contributed to the restoration.