Ukrainian OrthodoxThe church was built in 1853, replacing an earlier wooden one. The church was the only place in the town where residents could learn about events—the 1861 Manifesto on the liberation of peasants was read from the church. During the 1930s the church was rebuilt as a warehouse for the collective farm. The priest secured the ancient iconostasis, the Savior's cross and the banner at home and with relatives, so they were saved. After World War II its restoration began.