Myli Gorge, Rethymno, Crete Greece
[Greek Orthodox]The church is down in Myli Gorge, known as the Valley of the Mills, once home to 30 or so mills operated by Muslim Cretans who continued until 1922/23. After Ottoman rule nearly all Muslims were expelled from the island, including many millers. The valley was inhabited until 1972 when the people were relocated to the higher village of New Mili. EU funds restored the gorge in 2014-15 with paths, rest areas, and a mill opened to see the inside. The little St. Nicholas Church is a bit off the path into the forest. The small stone church has a bell attached to the rock above.