Church of St. Nicholas

Miklavž pri Taboru, Tabor Slovenia

Roman Catholic

The church was built in the 1200s and rebuilt in 1687. The settlement was called Sveti Miklavž pri Taboru (Saint Nicholas near Tabor) until 1955 when it was changed to Miklavž pri Taboru (Nicholas near Tabor) on the basis of the 1948 communist government's effort to remove religious elements from place names.