Church of St. Nicholas & the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

Horodlo Poland

Greek Catholic (Byzantine-Slavonic Rite)

The church was built in 1928 - 1932 on the site of the previous one destroyed by fire. It was consecrated in 1937. In the 1950s communist authorities took it over and used it as a warehouse. The church was robbed and devastated. It was returned to the Roman Catholic Church in 1985 and a general renovation began that was completed in 1988. The church was reconsecrated. The church is adapted to the Byzantine Rite and the historic iconostasis is from the 1700s. Occasionally liturgy is celebrated in Byzantine-Ukrainian and Byzantine-Slavonic rites.