Roman CatholicThe church was the first to be built of brick here during the 1200s. It was destroyed in 1429 during the Hussite wars. A new church was then built; complete in 1492. The church was Protestant from 1524-1640. The whole town, including the church, burned down in 1642 during the Thirty Years' War. Reconstruction began slowly in 1655 as the church was again Catholic and most of the people were Protestant. The interior was transformed in Baroque style in the early 1700s. In 2004 it was given Sanctuary status.