Church of the Transfer of the Relics of St. Nicholas

Fraga Ukraine

Greek Catholic (Byzantine)

The wooden church from 1573 burned though the icon of the Blessed Virgin survived. A small Greek Catholic chapel was built on the church site for the icon. It became a place of pilgrimage and many miracles were reported. The icon was in several places before being returned to Fraga in 1904. In World War II the church was completely destroyed and the icon again survived—it was found unharmed in the ruins. The icon was returned to this church in 1944. The church was built in 1933.