[Roman Catholic]The St. Nicholas Church was the third church built in 1737, replacing earlier ones. When it was consecrated it was in three names: Our Lady of Sorrows, St. Stanislaus, and St. Nicholas Bishop. The church was restored in 1837 and again in 1898. It was rededicated to St. Nicholas Bishop at that time. From 1913-1933 three and a half to four thousand belonged to the parish. The priest's house was taken away for the hospital in 1945 and the Soviets turned the church into a warehouse. It was blown up in 1985.