The oldest church in Mittersill, dates from 1250. It was originally the castle chapel and is adjacent to the towe that is now home to Felbermuseum. The church is late Gothic with Romanesque core and a baroque interior. It is regarded as the most harmonious and best preserved church in Salzburg diocese. Renovation in 1968 restored the original Romanesque masonry. The altar was installed in 1631 and features Mary surrounded by 14 saints (two were stolen in 1957). The 14 statues are of special note.. The church is a popular wedding venue.