There has been a St. Nicholas church here since the early 1300s. The first wooden chuech burned down before 1737; it was rebuilt in 1740. It was renovated in 1857 and lasted until a candle caused fire that completely burned it down. The present church was built from 1930-1936. Recently lightning struck the cross on the top of the tower.