The neo-Gothic church was built from 1896-97, preserving the chancel from the 14th century church. It became an independent parish in 1915. A large side nave was built from 1981-1990. The new tower was consecrated in 1992. The old part of the church has neo-Gothic altars, a 17th century St. Nicholas figure, a Pieta from around the 1300s, and paintings of St. Nicholas and the Pieta from the 1600s.