Maritsa Village Bulgaria
Bulgarian OrthodoxThe inactive church is a cultural monument. The late medieval church was built in the late 1500s. The walls are built of river stones, 1 meter thick. The large extension was added in 1830. The church was almost deserted when a new church was built in the early 1900s. The church was renovated in the 1960s.