San Nicolas de Bari Parish

Siaton, Negros Oriental, Negros Island Philippines

Roman Catholic

Church Website

The parish was organized in 1848. The first building was destroyed by a typhoon in 1875. A 1925 earthquake toppled the bell tower, leaving only the facade. Reconstruction took place particularly from 1951 t0 1958, renovating the church and rebuilding the belfry. The church orientation was also changed from facing the sea to facing the mountain.