Alor Setar Malaysia
The convent was established by Infant Jesus Sisters Mother House in Parish. The sisters established the St. Nicholas Convent School in 1934, as an extension of the convent school in Penang. The school closed during World War II as the Japanese converted all the English schools to Japanese-speaking schools. St. Nicholas reopened following the war and became a school for girls only. It moved to this location in 1949 and remained in this location until 2011.”St. Nicholas” also dropped out of the school’s name, as it became known as the National Convent School.