[Eastern Orthodox]The church was in the Blachernae quarter, now in ruins. It belonged to the Varangian Guard, the Byzantine imperial guard. The Turks called it "Bogdan Serai" (Moravian Palace). The Guard was made up of recruits from Northern Europe and Anglo-Saxons from England. The chapel is thought to have served the English in the Guard. They were prominent from around 1080 until sometime around 1200.