Ayvalık, Balikesir Turkey
The neoclassical church was built in 1873. During 1927-28 it was converted into a minaret, removing the iconostasis. Damage from the 1944 earthquake led to it being abandoned. In 1976 it was registered as a historical site and then became protected. It was restored in 2011 and now serves as a museum under the Balikesir Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism.