Make St. Nicholas Chocolate Coins
Make your own St. Nicholas chocolate coins using our printable PDF patterns. There are two designs available as both gold (like real coins) and full color. They are also in two sizes. Print on sticker paper (easy to use!) or on regular paper to cut out and attach.
These coins are made in America and taste very good. It is important to have good tasting chocolate from Saint Nicholas! They are available in local candy stores and in bulk online.
To make St. Nichols coins
- Decide which design and size you need; sticker or plain paper
- Print desired PDF sheets, see below
(choose sticker paper or use bright inkjet paper and choose best quality printing)
- Put stickers on coins or
- Carefully cut circles out if not printing on sticker paper
(cutting is a little tedious)
- Attach circles to chocolate coins with dry roll-on adhesive
(easy and not messy)
PDF files to print on sticker paper
Print stickers for large coins (1½-inch) on Avery 8293 Matte White High Visibility Labels (package with 20 sheets/400 labels). Available from Amazon. Sticker sheets are 8½x11-inches and should print without difficulty.
Print stickers for small coins (1-inch stickers for 1 1/8-inch coins) on Avery 5410 Removable Multi-Use Labels (package with 50 sheets/600 labels). Available from Amazon. Sticker sheets are 4x6-inches. Printing is a little tricky.
- Download and Open PDF.
- Click “File” in upper left corner; select “Print Setup”.
- Under “Paper” click down arrow for “Size;” select “4x6in” (NOT “Borderless 4x6in”).
- Click “OK.”
- Click printer icon.
- Use these settings: “Page Scaling: None,” Check “Auto-Rotate and Center,” (DO NOT check “Choose paper source by PDF page size”).
This works for us and should work for you.
Adapted from Shower of Roses, by permission.
Tips for accurate PDF printing
For Adobe Reader 7.0
In the Adobe Print dialog box, check these boxes:
If you are having trouble printing, try clicking on “Advanced” then “Print as Image.”
For older versions
In the Adobe Print dialog box, make sure the boxes for Shrink oversized pages to paper size and Expand small pages to paper size are NOT checked. (In some versions the option is Page Scaling: NONE, click to find Fit to pages and Shrink large pages.)