Make a small wooden St. Nicholas figure. These are suitable toys for children three and older.
N is for St. Nicholas
Photo: An Alphabet of Saints by Jessica, Shower of Roses
Wood peg people
Craft acryllic paint in desired colors (paint may be mixed for other shades)
Fine-tipped brush for face and other detail
Fine tip paint pens for eyes and mouth
• Use a base coat of white acryllic paint
• Sketch design with a sharp pencil
• When painting details, if you don't like the result, quickly wash off with water and redo
• Seal, if desired, with a spray seal such as Krylon "Crystal Clear"
Online sources for wooden peg people
• People Man 7/8 x 2 7/8-inches, $.18 each, The Wood & Shop Inc., Hazelwood, Missouri
• Little People Dad 2 7/9-inches, $.145; Man 1 1/8 x 3 9/16-inches, $.55 each, Woodworks Ltd.,Haltom City, Texas
• Man 7/8 x 2 3/8, $.25; Large Man 1 1/8 x 3 9/16-inches, $.95 each, Casey's Wood Products, Woolwich, Maine
St. Anne's Pixies
St. Luke's Brush
Catholic Folk Art
"N is for Nicholas" from Jessica, An Alphabet of Saints, Shower of Roses. Used by permission.