SOLUTION TO CROSSWORD PUZZLE
2. In Europe St. Nicholas often leaves treats in children’s SHOES.
5. He is called Sinterklaas in HOLLAND.
6. He helped those in NEED.
9. Nicholas taught people about GOD.
10. Whose birthday is celebrated at Christmas? JESUS
11. St. Nicholas’ staff is called a CROZIER.
1. St. Nicholas helped three young women by throwing bags of GOLD through a window.
2. St. Nicholas is often called SANTA.
3. His special day is December SIXTH.
4. St. Nicholas loves CHILDREN.
7. He was BISHOP of Myra.
8. In Holland St. Nicholas rides a white HORSE.
Click here if you’d like a printable version of the crossword puzzle solution in PDF format.
Icon Image courtesy Ade Bethune Collection, College of St. Catherine Library, St. Paul, MN 55105.
Copyright © 2002 St. Nicholas Center. May be printed for use with non-profit groups. For all other uses, please request permission from email@example.com