St Nicholas (Holy Trinity) Chapel

Ettington Park, Warwickshire England UK

Church of England (Anglican)

All that remains of the 12th century medieval church is the tower, walls of the nave, and the south transept, restored as a mortuary chapel in 1823. The chapel is now used for intimate dinners as part of the Ettington Park complex. The stained glass in the chapel is by Evie Hone and was installed in 1948. At that time medieval glass originally from Winchester College Chapel was returned. The church was the parish church dedicated to both the Holy Trinity and St. Nicholas, as in the early 1200s a St Nicholas altar was built. In 1794 a new church was built in Upper Ettington, as the village had shifted down the road from Lower Ettington. The chapel is also known as the Shirley Chapel.

The Evie Hone Saint Nicholas window with detail