St. Nicholas Memory Game to Print
60 cards—30 pairs!
Match the pairs of cards — do you know how they illustrate Saint Nicholas?
Print to play with 1 or 2–4 players.
The game has 30 pairs of cards, a rules sheet, and a sheet telling about the pictures.
- 7 sheets of quality white cardstock for color printing, 8½ x 11-inches
- 14 clear adhesive one-sided (cold) laminating sheets, if desired, to make more permanent cards
- Box or envelope to store the game
- Color printer
- Paper cutter (with grownup help) or scissors
- Set printer for "Best Quality" printing
- Print PDF file for card fronts
- Print PDF file for card backs (the reverse of sheets printed with card fronts)
- Print PDF file with game rules
- Print PDF file with key to St. Nicholas pictures
- Let ink dry thoroughly before laminating or cutting
- To laminate:
1) remove liner paper;
2) place sheet on flat surface with sticky side up;
3) starting at one end, slowly press sheet onto adhesive sheet, avoiding air bubbles;
4) turn over and repeat for the other side;
5) smooth carefully.
- Cut into squares (a paper cutter gives good straight edges). Cut from the front side; first trim the white away from the outside black border; then separate cards by cutting down the center of the black borders between the rows and columns.
Tips for accurate PDF printing:
In the Adobe Print dialog box, check these boxes:
For Adobe Reader 8.0
If you are having trouble printing, try clicking on "Advanced" then "Print as Image."
For older versions
In the Adobe Print dialog box, make sure the boxes for Shrink oversized pages to paper size and Expand small pages to paper size are NOT checked. (In some versions the option is Page Scaling: NONE, click to find Fit to pages and Shrink large pages.)
- If you're having trouble downloading the file, right-click on the image and choose "Save target as..." to save it. Then open the PDF with Acrobat Reader and print it following the above tips.