One Hour St. Nicholas Party
from Orchard Hill Church (RCA), Grand Rapids, Michigan
11:30 am — Arrival Activities
Welcome kids and invite them to leave their shoes at the door.
- Coloring sheets
- St. Nicholas Puzzle — cut & glue
- Bags for take-home items — decorate with crayons & markers
11:40 am — Large Group
St Nicholas Puppet Play
11:45 am — Stations
- Bishop Cookies — decorate & eat
- Draw St Nicholas — dice game
- Make and Decorate Miter Hats
- Gold Coin Toss into Chimney
12:15 pm — Transition
Choose a video
Who is Santa Claus? 5:45 minutes, excellent information
Introduction to St. Nicholas, 3:34 minutes
How is St Nicholas Different than Santa Claus? 2 minutes, complete text
Share: We have one last activity — St. Nicholas was known for his giving spirit and we want to take that into the season with us. Make boxes. What could we put in them and who could we give them to?
12:20 pm — Make a Giving Box
12:30 pm — Large Group Wrap up
- Ask: What ideas do you have for your giving boxes?
- Prayer of St. Nicholas on Screen
Exit: Kids Find Treats in Shoes
- Candy Cane
- Chocolate Coins
- Card or Story of St. Nicholas booklet
By Pastor Bob Karel, Orchard Hill Church (RCA), Grand Rapids, Michigan. Used by permission.