St. Nicholas Apple Miters
Looking for a St. Nicholas treat that isn't a sweet? These apple miters make a nice, healthy, but still special, St. Nicholas treat anytime during St. Nicholas season.
What you need
- Big red apples
- Knife to cut apple pieces
- Small sharp knife to cut crosses
- Lemon juice
- Wash apples
- Dilute lemon juice in bowl to dip apple pieces
- Cut into quarters, lengthwise
- Cut out core; cut again across the quarter
- Dip apple pieces in lemon juice to prevent browning, pat dry
- Cut cross by scoring apple skin, carefully remove to make cross
- Dip cut cross in lemon juice
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Firma Kinderfeest: Creatieve ideeën voor kinderfeestjes.