Looking for a St. Nicholas treat that isn't a sweet? These apple miters make a nice, healthy, but still special, St. Nicholas treat anytime during St. Nicholas season.
What you need
• Big red apples
• Knife to cut apple pieces
• Small sharp knife to cut crosses
• Lemon juice
• Wash apples
• Dilute lemon juice in bowl to dip apple pieces
• Cut into quarters, lenthwise
• Cut out core; cut again across the quarter
• Dip apple pieces in lemon juice to prevent browning, pat dry
• Cut cross by scoring apple skin, carefully remove to make cross
• Dip cut cross in lemon juice
• Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Firma Kinderfeest: Creatieve ideeën voor kinderfeestjes .