Chaplet of St. Nicholas of Myra
back to prayers
St. Nicholas Chaplets with symbols for St. Nicholas
St Nicholas Center Collection
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God, everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.
God's love was revealed among us in this way:
God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him.
In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another.
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent his Son as the Savior of the world.
—I John 4.7-14
Almighty God, who in your love gave to your servant Nicholas of Myra a perpetual name for deeds of kindness on land and sea:
Grant, we pray, that your Church may never cease to work for the happiness of children, the safety of sailors, the relief of the poor, and the help of those tossed by tempests of doubt or grief,
through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Week Beads Psalm 145.3,8-13
- Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
- The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
- The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
- All you have made will praise you, 0 LORD; your saints will extol you.
- They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might,
- so that all may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
- Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations.
People were bringing little children to him in order that he might touch them; and the disciples spoke sternly to them.
But when Jesus saw this,, he was indignant and said to them,
'Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.
Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.'
And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them.
back to prayers
From GiGi Beads