- The new design is responsive so it displays and works well on all kinds of devices.
- Old bookmarks and links to pages will still take you to current pages. Links to gallery, gazetteer and event modals will need to be updated. To link to a modal, right click the item on its index page and click "Copy link address."
- Some sections have been reorganized; whenever a section gets too big, it is divided into smaller segments to make it easier for you to find what you want. When this happens, some old links won't work anymore.
- The site search works, though it will be further refined. Searches are not case sensitive. More search info and tips
- The New Search will list all new and updated articles and lists for the current year. The NewSearch link is on the top of the right sidebar on nearly all pages and links from the search results page (on smaller screens it will be at the bottom of articles). If you want to go to it directly the address is /pages/newsearch/ or use "See all" on the home page. Updated articles aren't showing now, but will in the future.
- Significant or interesting updates will be posted on our Facebook page. To get updates join us on Facebook.
- Print format is still automatic. The banner prints on just the first page; the sidebar or footer material doesn't print at all.
- We use a lightbox for our "pop-up" images. Most site photos and illustrations click to a larger version; they will show above the grayed out page. All linked images on the page may be clicked through in sequence. Images may be enlarged with your fingers on mobile devices.
- The Google translator is now nicely positioned at the top of the left sidebar on every page. It translates into 103 languages. It works even if the Google Toolbar translate feature doesn't work in your browser.
- Product links: Every Amazon link is for a product that I have personally purchased and believe has value for people interested in St. Nicholas or for those making St. Nicholas crafts and would like help finding supplies. These links are included for your convenience. St Nicholas Center does not receive any remuneration for purchases made on Amazon after following a link on our site. We link to no products that I haven't fully personally vetted, nor do we receive advertising revenue for any products from any source whatsoever.
Please email if you find things that aren't right. The site is HUGE and, even though I've gone through it carefully, repeatedly, there are still things that have been missed. So, please do let us know if you find things that are not right—missing images, duplicate article titles, garbled text, wrong fonts, words wrongly showing glossary definitions (such as "see" as a verb, rather than the noun), etc.
Thank you ever so much! I hope you enjoy our changes and continue to visit www.stnicholascenter.org.
St. Nicholas Center
The Thirteenth Week after Pentecost 2019