St. Nicholas Kits for St. Nicholas Day
Help families celebrate St. Nicholas Day by making St. Nicholas kits. Kits may be distributed after church or at an event before St. Nicholas Day, perhaps as part of a breakfast with St. Nicholas. They may be provided complete, or as a basic kit with additional items to be added.
Kits could be offered as part of a fund-raiser supporting a seasonal benevolence, such as the American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem, or another organization serving children.
- Paper bags, lunch sacks or white bakery sacks
- St. Nicholas stickers (print your own here or others in our shop (sample uses 3 5/16-inch stickers)
- Labels for the bags (see below)
- Chocolate Santa to make into St. Nicholas (directions & patterns)
- Miter for chocolate Santa
- Metallic gold chenille stem for Chocolate Santa’s crozier
- Clementine or orange, representing the dowry gold
- Candy cane, representing St. Nicholas’ bishop’s crozier
- 3 gold chocolate coins, representing the dowry gold
- Booklet with St. Nicholas stories
Basic Kitin addition to the chocolate Santa
Additional optional Itemsor stickers, activity pages, etc.
PDF for sack labels, fits Avery label 8163 (4x2-inches)
Adapted from Amy Julian, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Spearfish, South Dakota. Used by permission.