St. Nicholas Symbol Cube
Make a cube with St. Nicholas symbols—an easy, fun way to learn about St. Nicholas! Make either a large or a small cube with either a Western or an Eastern Byzantine St. Nicholas. Use vinyl sticker paper for a nice, durable professional cube.
Read about these symbols and more.
Materials & Equipment
- Wooden cube, available in craft stores
Large 2-inch cube, Square Wood Block by ArtMinds from Michaels
Small 1 1/2-inch cube, Square Wood Block by ArtMinds from Michaels
- Glossy Vinyl Sticker paper; I used Dotac Glossy Premium Vinyl Sticker
- Trimmer or scissors; Fiskars Sure-Cut Portable Trimmer with wire cut-line shows exactly where the cut will be, recommended for accurate trimming
- Color printer to print symbol squares
- Print symbol design sheet in color on vinyl sticker paper. Set printer properties for Best print quality on specialty paper. I found sheets feed better if just one sheet is in the paper tray.
- Carefully trim squares along the black border. A trimmer with a cut-line wire enables accurate, perfectly straight lines.
- Put stickers on all sides of the wood cube; St. Nicholas goes on the top.
If making more than one cube, these PDFs print symbols for two large cubes or three small ones.