St. Nicholas Magnets
Actual size, 2-inches,
prints with 1/8-inch margin to
make print-to-the-edge magnet
Eight designs—print an assortment or select just one.
- Avery Ink Jet Magnet Sheets (#3270); package of 5 sheets makes 60 magnets, available from amazon.com and help support stnicholascenter.org; thank you.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to print the PDF files.
See printing tips below
- Color Ink Jet printer
- 2-inch punch (Fiskars Squeeze Punch X-Large, Round ‘n Round, available from amazon.com and help support stnicholascenter.org; thank you.
- Paper cutter (with grownup help) or scissors
- Choose PDF file below for printing; open file
- Set printer properties for “Best Print Quality”
- Print PDF file on magnet sheet
- If using 2-inch punch, use paper cutter or scissors to trim ½-inch from the long edge of printed sheet (this may flatten the wide border just a bit so it will position correctly in the punch). Repeat on other long edge.
- Punch out the four magnets on each side; being careful to center design in punch opening
- Trim the middle row on one side to fit the punch
Tips for accurate PDF printing:
In the Adobe Print dialog box, check these boxes:
For Adobe Reader 8.0
If you are having trouble printing, try clicking on “Advanced” then “Print as Image.”
For older versions
In the Adobe Print dialog box, make sure the boxes for Shrink oversized pages to paper size and Expand small pages to paper size are NOT checked. (In some versions the option is Page Scaling: NONE, click to find Fit to pages and Shrink large pages.)
• If you’re having trouble downloading the file, right-click on the image and choose “Save target as…” to save it. Then open the PDF with Acrobat Reader and print it following the above tips.