Easy Cut-and-Paste St. Nicholas
This is a nice, easy cutting project for preschoolers through second grade. These Saint Nicholases may decorate a window or classroom. Make him as a full figure, or just face with beard and miter. Face may be beige or tan instead of pink.
- Pink or tan, white, red, and yellow cover or cardstock
- 12 x 18-inch construction paper to match miter, for full figure only
- Blue cover or cardstock, optional
- Each face requires tan or pink face, red miter & nose, white beard & hair, and yellow cross. Blue eyes may be printed on blue stock or on white stock and colored.
- Printer or copier to reproduce pattern pieces on cover or cardstock
- Paper cutter
- Blue marker for eyes, if needed
- Permanent dry roll-on adhesive, or other paste or glue
- Print pattern pieces: one red and white sheet for each face; the yellow sheets have two pattern pieces; if just making faces, use separate PDF page with 2 face patterns, not the one with both face and hands;
- Use paper cutter to easily cut tan/pink and yellow pieces apart; if using printed blue eyes, cut sheet apart making pairs;
- Make a packet with the four pattern pieces for each child;
- Children cut out all pattern pieces;
- Color eyes blue and cut out, if not using eyes printed on blue stock;
- Paste tan or pink face at top of white beard piece;
- Paste miter on top of pink face;
- Paste nose, hair and cross in place.
FOR FULL FIGURE
- Round corners of 12 x 18-inch piece of construction paper;
- Position head on body piece, glue;
- Glue circles for hands in place.
Easy Cut-and-Paste St. Nicholas adapted from design by Stephanie Cook, a first grade teacher in a Catholic school in Kansas, myfirstgradespot.blogspot. Used by permission.
Copyright © 2013 St. Nicholas Center
Patterns may be printed for use with non-profit groups making art and craft projects. For all other uses, please request permission from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.