Wood Peg Saint Nicholas
Make a small wooden St. Nicholas figure. These are suitable toys for children three and older.
- Wood peg people
- Craft acrylic paint in desired colors (paint may be mixed for other shades)
- Fine-tipped brush for face and other detail
- Fine tip paint pens for eyes and mouth
- Use a base coat of white acrylic paint
- Sketch design with a sharp pencil
- When painting details, if you don’t like the result, quickly wash off with water and redo
- Seal, if desired, with a spray seal such as Krylon “Crystal Clear”
Online sources for wooden peg people
- Little People Man 1 1/8 x 3 9/16-inches, $1.00 each, Woodworks Ltd., Haltom City, Texas
- Man 7/8 x 2 3/8, $.30; Large Man 1 1/8 x 3 9/16-inches, $.80 each, Casey’s Wood Products, Woolwich, Maine
- People Man 7/8 x 2 7/8-inches, $.18 each, The Wood & Shop Inc., Hazelwood, Missouri
Printable saint wraps to make peg saints
Catholic Icing offers printable wraps to make peg saints. All you need are the wooden pegs and to paint the heads. Then decoupage the wraps onto the bodies. Set of 10 Advent Saints includes St. Nicholas.
If you’d rather not paint one, peg saints may be purchased. Here are some from Etsy. Click for more.
“N is for Nicholas” from Jessica, An Alphabet of Saints, Shower of Roses. Used by permission.