St. Nicholas Monuments in Malta
St. Nicholas is found in many places besides churches. Click for larger images.
The statue was erected in 1610 outside the Jesuit Chapel of St. Nicholas. The chapel was on the site of the former Temple of Proserpina. The statue overlooks the nearby city of Mdina. A listed heritage object, the statue is all that remains of the chapel today.
The statue of St. Nicolas is on the plaza in front of the Church of Saint-Nicolas of Bari. The plaza is the scene of the big Saint Nicholas Festa honoring the patron saint of Siggiewi, held the last weekend in June. At night during the festa everything is brightly lighted.