Saint Nicholas Chapel, Patriarchate of Pec Monastery, Serbia
This extensive Serbian cycle showing the life of Saint Nicholas was painted from 1673–74 by Radul, the best-known Serbian artist in the late 17th century. The tiny Saint Nicholas Chapel, built in 1337, is part of the Monastery of the Patriarchate of Pec. The complex also has three much larger adjacent churches: Church of the Holy Apostles, Church of Saint Demetrios (1320), and Church of the Virgin. The frescos have been extensively conserved and documented by the Blago Fund.
These frescos are from the Church of Saint Nicholas, Monastery of the Patriarchate of Pec, as shown by the Blago Fund to preserve and promote Serbian heritage, Washington, DC. Used by permission.